Volume 1: Materials
- Nano Reinforcements of Renewable Plastics: To Create the Next Generation of Value-Added Novel Eco Friendly Nanocomposites, Suprakes Sinha Ray, and Mosto Bousmina, Canada
- Biodegradable Foams, Salvatore Cotugno, Ernesto Di Maio, Guiseppe Mensitieri, Luigi Nicolais, and Salvatore Iannace, Italy
- Biodegradations and Physical Properties of e-Caprolactone and Lactide Copolymers,
Hajime Yasuda, Hiroyuki Shirahama, and Yuushou Nakayama, Japan
- Biodegradable Polymer/Layered Silicate Nanocomposites, Masami Okamoto, Japan
- Biodegradable Edible Films and Coatings Based on Protein Resources: Physical Properties and Applications in Food Quality Management, Ioannis S. Arvanitoyannis, Greece
- Enzymatic Synthesis and Chemical Recycling of Green Polymers, Shuichi Matsumura, Yasushi Osanai, Yasuyuki Soeda, Yoichi Suzuki, and Kazunobu Toshima, Japan
- Polyphosphazenes as Novel Biomaterials, Lakshmi S. Nair, Duron Lee, and Cato T. Laurencin, USA
- Chemical Modification of Chitin and Chitosan and Their Biodegradation, Hitoshi Sashiwa
and Sei-ichi Aiba, Japan
- The Synthesis of Polyanhydrides, Brandon M. Vogel and Surya K. Mallapragada, USA
- Micro and Nano-fabrication of Biodegradable Polymers, S. C. Chen and Y. Lu, USA
|Volume 2: Applications |
- Combinatorial Methods for the High-Throughput Characterization and Screening of Biodegradable Polymers, Jon B. Thorstenson and Balaji Narasimhan, USA
- Natural Origin Degradable Polymers in Biomedical Applications, H. S. Azevedo, M. E. Gomes, P. B. Malafaya, A. P. Marques, A. J. Salgado, and R. L. Reis, Portugal
- Use of Biodegradable Polymers in Oral Drug Delivery: Challenges and Opportunities, Rebeccal L. Carrier and Kenneth C. Waterman, USA
- Thermoplastic Starch as a Biodegradable Matrix for Encapsulation and Controlled Release,
Gülden Yilmaz, Remy O. J. Jongboom, and Cees van Dijk, The Netherlands
- Daily to Annual Biodegradable Drug Delivery Strategies for Psychoactive Compounds, Meredith L. Hans, Nily Dan, Anthony M. Lowman, Karen I. Winey, and Steven J. Siegel, USA
- Biodegradable Materials for Non-Viral DNA Delivery, Tatiana Segura, Brian C. Anderson
and Lonnie D. Shea, USA
- Gene Therapy for Tissue Regeneration, Stelios Andreadis, USA
- Biodegradable Polymers in Neural Tissue Engineering, Thomas Freier, Maria Jimenez Hamann, Yusuke Katayama, Patricia Musoke-Zawedde, Alexandra Piotrowicz, Yumin Yuan, Molly S. Shoichet, Jason Belkas, and Rajiv Midha, Canada
- Biodegradable Elastomeric Polymers for Tissue Engineering, Jian Yang, Antonio Webb
and Guillermo A. Ameer, USA
- Biodegradable Polymers for Vascular Applications, Cheryl A. Miller, USA
- Synthesis and Characterization of Injectable and Biodegradable Composites for Orthopedic Applications, Esmaiel Jabbari, Lichun Lu and Michael J. Yaszemski, USA
- Bioabsorbable Plate and Screw Fixation in Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, Barry L. Eppley
and William Pietrzak, USA
|KEY FEATURES |
- Most up-to-date reference source of recent advances in biodegradable polymers.
- Features a wide range of applications of biodegradable polymers in the medical, food, and environmental arenas.
- Contains over 20 state-of-the-art review chapters written by internationally renowned experts
in the field.
- About 5,000 bibliographic citations and hundreds of illustrations, figures, tables, chemical structures and equations.
- An excellent reference resource for scientists, researchers, and students working in the areas of polymeric biomaterials, biomedical engineering, chemistry, polymer science and engineering, materials science, chemical engineering, food science and nutrition, biochemistry and biophysics, medicine, nanotechnology, and green engineering.